2021 Risk Manager
Information contained in this publication is obtained from sources considered to be reliable. However, accuracy and completeness cannot be guaranteed. Information herein should not be regarded as legal advice and is not intended to establish the standard of care for providers practicing in the State of Mississippi.
- New Board of Medical Licensure Policy
- Data Sharing Project
- Medical Interactive
- Informed Consent Case Study
- Mississippi Back-to-Business Liability Assurance and Health Care Emergency Response Liability Protection Act
- COVID-19 and Telehealth: What are Your Liabilities?
- How to Put Your Best Face Forward with Telehealth
- Is Your Patient’s Fear of COVID-19 Increasing Your Malpractice Risk?
- Practical Suggestions for Your Practice During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What does good office note documentation look like?
- Instructions for online CME access
- Case Study: Misdiagnosis Involving a Mid-level Provider Leads to Settlement
- Update on MSPQC
- Treatment of Yourself, Family Members, and Friends: What are the rules?
- Managing Test Results: Do you manage them or do they manage you?
- Violence Against Healthcare Workers: Prevention and Planning
- The HIPAA/Public Relations Tightrope: Online Reviews
- Vaccines: A common treatment with an uncommon requirement
- Withdrawal of Care: When and how to terminate the physician-patient relationship
Issue 1 – Summer
- Cyber Liability: The Ugly Truth and How We Can Help
- Physician Burnout: How it Affects You and How Can MACM Help
- Production Pointers: When and How to Produce Medical Records
Risk Manager Alert – May
- Mississippi Board of Medical Licensure Announces Changes to Administrative Code
- MACM Offers Course on the Mississippi PMP
- A Risk Management Q&A: Developing Informed Consent Forms
- Houston’s Handoffs
- Informed Consent: Process Behind the Paperwork
- Mississippi Board of Medical Licensure Announces Change in the Mileage Restriction between APRN and Physician Collaborator
- CDC Guidelines for Perscribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
- Goverment Guidelines, Practice Parameters and Specialty Standards
- Case Study – Perscribing Opioids
- The Nuts and Bolts of Medical Error Disclosure: A Step-By-Step Checklist
- Check list for Dismissing Patients from Practice
- MACM Involvement in MSPQC Will Prove Beneficial to Insureds
- Houston’s Handoffs
- Telemedicine Checklist
- Internal Medicine & Pediatric Clinic of New Albany: Working as a Team for Better Patient Care
- 2015 CME Re-cap
- Prescription Drug Abuse in Mississippi: What yo need to know and what MACM has available to you.
- Medical Students at Work: Hattiesburg Clinic Continues Support of Medical Education and Mentoring
- Securing the Future of Healthcare: Students in your Practice
- Obstetrical Initiative Three -Step Plan of Action
- 2013 CME Re-Cap
- Cardiology Associates of North Mississippi: Communicating with Patients and the Community
- Working with Hospitals for Patient Safety Concerns
- Diversion of Prescription Drugs in Mississippi: Working with the DEA Proves Mutually Beneficial for Mississippi Physicians, Providers, and Patients
- Communicating Unexpected Diagnostic Results
- 2013 Analysis of Claims Committee Files
- Maples’ Musings: We Need More Doctors. Really?
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of EMRs
- 2012 Analysis of Claims Committee Files